USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
This position is eligible to be Remote (work from home)
USAA is seeking a talented Oracle Business Rules Analyst-Mid Level to work in any of the following locations: Remote (work from home), San Antonio, TX; Plano, TX; Phoenix, AZ; Charlotte, NC; Tampa, FL, Colorado Springs CO; Chesapeake, VA.
Will have the opportunity to support and modify the Oracle EPM Cloud suite of tools (PCMCS, ePBCS, and CDM). This role will work closely with the client to do monthly maintenance for these tools and update them based on any changes to financial requirements
Participates in gathering and analyzing of internal business requirements by means of interviews, workflow analyses and facilitated discussions with users. Translates users’ business requirements into detailed functional designs for development, testing and implementation. Applies methodologies, prepares detailed specifications and related documentation.
– Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
– Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
– Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
– Serves as a subject matter expert and gathers requirements, researches, and analyzes system details, parameters, or options to implement business rules, product offerings or changes to existing systems/applications.
– Translates business needs into system requirements, parameter options or enhancements, working with internal and external resources.
– Performs comprehensive feasibility, enterprise impact and cost/benefit analysis.
– Executes complex recurring, scheduled, or ad-hoc system changes.
– Develops and administers change control processes and procedures ensuring compliance with guidelines and best practices.
– Reviews post implementation documentation for lessons learned and recommends changes.
– Develops and maintains knowledge of LOB, CoSA, and Enterprise systems, processes, procedures, products, and industry practices.
– Reviews applicable system updates and makes recommendations to align with technology, business direction, or best practice.
– Develops and executes testing, implementation, and communication plans for new or modified system parameters, options, product details, or system outputs.
– Partners in analyzing and resolving system outages or production issues.
– Develops and reviews operating procedures and documentation and ensures processes and procedures meet audit guidelines.
– Analyzes and reports discrepancies to management with recommendations for resolution.
– Conducts special projects.
– Prioritizes business rules initiatives and reports status.
– Summarizes insights from analysis and use findings to develop business rules.
– Bachelor’s degree; OR 4 years of related experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in lieu of degree.
– 4 years of experience consulting with customers/stakeholders, understanding business needs, and translating needs into requirements and prescribing technology solutions OR Advanced degree in Information Management, Information Studies or related field with 2 years of experience consulting with customers/stakeholders, understanding business needs, and translating needs into requirements and prescribing technology solutions.
– Demonstrated experience in cost benefit analysis methodologies and tools.
– Developing level of experience applying business rules in technology solutions and strategies.
– Strong written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, and attention to detail.
– Developing knowledge of relevant regulatory compliance, industry regulations, risk management practices, and regulatory data sources.