USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
Hybrid schedule available for our Charlotte, NC office.
Responsible for leading business financial process and expense categories to address complicated business problems while performing forecasting, planning, and financial modeling related to income, profitability, liquidity, capital, leverage, asset and liability management or operating expense. Mentors about financial processes. Drives and motivates team members to provide analytics and insights around key business drivers. Assists management in assigning team tasks and handling workflow. Ensures all activities are completed within regulatory and compliance guidelines.
– Identifies and leads existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
– Ensures risks associated with business activities are, in effect, identified measured and controlled.
– Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
– Leads, develops, and motivates the team.
– Anticipates opportunities to address the most intricate and / or unique business problems, providing proactive financial solutions with comprehensive and forward-looking perspectives to enable better decision making by senior management.
– Consistently interacts with senior management becoming their trusted advisor on all financial issues.
– Makes recommendations to resolve short-term, as well as strategic financial business problems.
– Guides and mentors others regarding financial processes, business drivers and systems ensuring information sharing and knowledge transfer.
– Reviews analysts work and handles assigning workflow.
– Leads initiatives to develop an integrated enterprise planning process from multiple companies and/or staff agency processes and technologies.
– Conveys analyses and guides the development, improvement, and implementation of critical processes, programs, and technologies.
– Anticipates opportunities and potential solutions, leads cross-functional teams through the problem resolution process, and counsels senior management on issues.
– Acquires and applies knowledge of the business, its products and processes.
– Performs unique work assignments and problem resolution across multiple systems, functions, or processes.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics; OR a related field 4 additional years of related experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in lieu of degree.
– Minimum 8 years’ financial/accounting analysis experience performing forecasting, budgeting, and/or variance analysis in the banking industry to include 2 years leading strategic financial/accounting responsibilities OR Advanced degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, subject area or a related subject area, progress towards a CPA or CFA designation, and 6 years of financial / accounting analysis experience performing forecasting, budgeting, and/or variance analysis in the banking industry to include 1 year leading strategic financial/accounting responsibilities.
– Subject-matter-expert knowledge of data analysis and technical finance competence required.
– Subject-matter-expert level of discernment in the areas of the financial services operations, finance/accounting industry practices and emerging trends required.
– Experience presenting financial/accounting topics to a broad range of audiences.
– Experience using financial/accounting technologies and proposing recommendations for improvements.
– Experience using Microsoft Office Excel for financial analysis and reporting.
– Experience in the application and adherence to financial regulations and compliance.
– Experience producing financial reports and providing recommendations based on data.
– Deep knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.