USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
This is a HYBRID position that would sit in either our Charlotte, NC or San Antonio, TX locations
Completes and advises on accounting functions, including journal entries and account reconciliations, financial results for internal and external purposes, audit support, and financial analysis.
– Identifies and handles existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
– Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
– Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
– Applies Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Statutory Accounting Principles (STAT) and regulatory accounting treatment to complex accounting transactions and demonstrates and shares understanding of key implications.
– Prepares and communicates financial results and analysis to internal and external partners.
– Performs in an accounting advisory capacity to operational business leaders on matters pertaining to business initiatives or strategies.
– Leads special projects and coordinates with key partners to ensure timely completion.
– Collaborates and maintains positive relationships with business partners.
– Resolves issues and provides informed, proactive reporting and analysis to enable effective decision making.
– Establishes and maintains processes, procedures and tools impacting financial accounting.
– Facilitates and reviews internal controls to ensure an effective and efficient financial system.
– Provides guidance and shares knowledge with team members.
– Participates and supports projects related to accounting systems, legal structures, new product launches and other initiatives, ensuring compliance with accounting and reporting standards.
– Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field; OR a Bachelor’s degree in another field coupled with a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation; OR 4 years of related experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in lieu of degree when coupled with a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation.
– 4 years of relevant work experience performing accounting functions including preparing and reviewing journal entries, account reconciliations and preparing financial results for internal and external purposes.
– Proficient knowledge and application of GAAP, STAT and regulatory accounting practices.
– Demonstrated ability to partner and communicate effectively with team members and stakeholders across CFO and the Enterprise.
– Proficient knowledge of data analysis techniques and statistical methodologies applied in finance or accounting.
– Proficient knowledge of relevant technical accounting and reporting disciplines.
– Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Excel with experience maintaining large accounting or financial data.