USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
Hybrid schedule available for our Charlotte, NC office
We are seeking a Bank Regulatory Reporting Quality Assurance Senior to own the performance, independent validation and improvement of external reporting data integrity. This entails performing periodic reviews of regulatory filings to evaluate the efficiency of procedures and controls for the purposes of ensuring the completeness of reports submitted to regulators. This position is primarily responsible for the data quality, data governance and data control for financial regulatory reporting data as well as other financial regulatory reports data. The Bank Regulatory Reporting QA function partners with key customers to identify areas of regulatory reporting improvements, including identifying process enhancements.
– Uses advanced knowledge to provide guidance in the design, assessment, implementation and/or administration of complex quality assurance programs, practices and policies.
– Identifies and evaluates quality standards, measurements, and operational improvements to ensure they are aligned with internal practices and regulatory requirements.
– Uses quality methods and tools to identify, analyze, improve, and implement effective and efficient business solutions.
– Performs independent assessments to identify training needs and improvement opportunities for program effectiveness.
– Briefs senior management on results, trends, studies, and initiatives, and recommends courses of action.
– Serves as a functional expert and mentor to peers and team members and acts as a resource for advanced issues of an unusual nature.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related subject area; 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
– Minimum of 6 years’ progressive operations or process experience supporting bank regulator reporting quality assurance programs.
– Minimum of 2 years’ quality assurance or quality improvement experience in regulatory reporting within the financial services/banking industry.
– Previous experience operating in a financial services environment.
– Proven experience in analyzing data, identifying trends, and influencing decisions on recommended strategies to remedy issues.