This senior level position supports the modeling of the Truist balance sheet with minimal supervision. The analyst will have extensive knowledge of Investments, loan products, deposits, long term debt products, and derivatives. The analysts will have experience forecasting net interest income and an understanding of the Company’s sensitivity profile, duration gap analysis and other market value analytics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities may include:
1. Understanding how products are modeled in QRM in order to make improvements and add new products or techniques as necessary.
2. Analyzing risk exposures for products in different interest rate and stress testing environments.
3. Support monitoring and tracking of Investment and loan portfolios, deposit portfolios and long term debt overall as well as focus on understanding the specific attributes of these products.
4. Contribute towards analysis of key assumption sensitivities relevant to these products.
5. Perform analytical review of the products and understand key measures/drivers of interest rate risk.
6. Collaborate with internal resources and business partners to identify and implement improvements to existing data and analyses as well as support reconciliation efforts.
7. Producing reports to summarize balance and income forecast sensitivity profile and interest rate risk metrics.
8. Working with business units to create, support and document modeling assumptions.
9. Assist with CCAR modeling and testing as needed.
* Minimum Requirements:
1. 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics and reporting; or a BS/BA degree or higher in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, Business
2. 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics or reporting
3. Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
1. A Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Designation
2. General ledger experience
3. VB (Visual Basic) experience
4. Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
5. Knowledge and understanding of asset liability or liquidity management software, especially QRM
6. Knowledge and understanding of financial analysis, forecasting and analyzing interest income and balance sheet behavior
7. Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
8. Experience in financial statements, projections and financial modeling
9. Hyperion Essbase experience
10. Asset and Liability Management (ALM) experience