The position is for a Sr. Quantitative Analyst within Truist’s Financial Management Quantitative Analytics department.
Financial Management Quantitative Analytics is responsible for the development and documentation of models supporting capital stress testing, asset and liability management, NII forecasting, EVE, and other corporate initiatives.
The incumbent serves as a contributor supporting end-to-end execution of analytics projects, including model development, documentation and deployment.
The Sr. Quantitative Analyst provides project leadership to junior Quantitative Analysts. Quantitative analytics projects support Corporate Treasury’s objective to model the behavior of Truist’s balance sheet and income statement in support of capital stress testing, allowance for loan and lease losses, balance sheet manageFollowing is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Develop models and analytics in support of CCAR, internal stress testing, capital planning, NII forecasting, ALM, EVE, and those associated models and qualitative methodologies.
2. Contribute to a positive and highly engaged team by championing a positive working environment through relationship development with peers, direct reports, and leadership – proactively seek guidance, clarification, and feedback.
3. Support junior quantitative analysts on project work mentoring and training to accelerate the development of technical modeling processes and business knowledge.
4. Identify and advocate for areas of enhancement within and beyond area of immediate expertise.
5. Act as an effective advocate to ensure user understanding and acceptance of proposed models, including written and verbal.
6. For deployed models, develop, maintain and supervise monitoring, performance reporting, and change management, processes and procedures, including, back testing. Work with model users and stakeholders to ensure models are fulfilling the business and risk management objectives set for them.
7. Facilitate user and management understanding and acceptance of proposed models by preparing high quality documentation, including presentations, explaining the model and its validity for its intended use. Provide support during verbal presentations to stakeholders and oversight groups.
8. Address model validation recommendations and remediate issues.
9. Meet with, and present to, regulators, as requested. Provide credible, well documented evidence supporting validity of models for intended use. Support regulatory, internal audit, and external audit examinations and requests.
10. Negotiate positive outcomes through interactions with senior management, business partners and assurance functions as well as performing other analytical activities, as requested by managers.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. 2+ years’ experience in financial services industry with focus on model development and quantitative analytics
2. Master’s degree in Statistics, Econometrics, Actuarial Science, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, or other applied quantitative science, or equivalent education and related training
3. Undergraduate degree in Statistics, Econometrics, Actuarial Science, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, or other applied quantitative science, or equivalent education and related training
4. Demonstrated experience performing advanced quantitative analysis and developing econometric models
5. Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to effectively advocate for internal procedures, policies, and standards
6. Practice analyzing and manipulating large and complex data to identify data integrity issues and researching industry practices related to model methodologies.
7. Contribute to a positive and highly engaged team
1. 5+ years’ experience in financial services industry with focus on model development and quantitative analytics
2. PhD in a quantitative discipline preferred
3. Strong verbal, written, interpersonal, and consultative communication skills with well-developed presentation skills
4. Proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office tools to prepare and present analysis
5. Expertise with SAS and SQL (or significant demonstrated experience with alternative quantitative programming languages – R, Matlab, etc.)
6. Excellent analytical, quantitative, and research skills, and other corporate initiatives