Truist Senior Internal Auditor is responsible for assisting in the completion and documentation of risk based internal audit assurance activities that may include complex assignments. The Truist Senior Internal Auditor will interpret the results of audit work performed, determine internal control weaknesses, and make value-added recommendations. On occasion, the Truist Senior Internal Auditor may lead segments or primary elements of smaller audits or special reviews.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Prepare for and lead effective client interviews and document interview results via narratives, flowcharts and process maps for complex business processes.
2. Analyze process documentation to evaluate design effectiveness and efficiency of controls.
3. Design and execute testing strategy by incorporating the use of data analytics.
4. Identify internal control weaknesses, including risks, and root cause.
5. Assist in guiding junior team members to enhance achievement of goals and objectives.
6. Present and effectively communicate identified audit issues to Management and the Engagement Manager.
7. Develop advanced audit skills and begin developing risk assessment and project management skills.
8. Deepen knowledge of the organization, operations, policies and procedures (including banking laws and regulations) under which Truist operates.
9. Create work papers in line with Truist Audit Services procedures and documentation requirements.
10. Work independently with minimal oversight to ensure work is completed on time and within deadlines.
11. Receive constructive feedback and apply to future assignments.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business or related field or equivalent education and related training or experience.
2. Four to six years of banking, auditing or other relevant experience related to area of responsibility.
3. Good decision-making skills.
4. Strong knowledge of audit principles, practices, and methodologies including risk assessment, and audit documentation.
5. Good aptitude for learning analytical, audit and/or facilitation skills.
6. Ability to grasp the underlying concepts in complex information.
7. Ability to identify root causes of problems.
8. Ability to formulate solutions based on a synthesis of information.
9. Proficiency in computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products.
10. Ability to manage multiple priorities of varying complexities.
11. Ability to work independently with minimal oversight.
1. Possess appropriate professional certification or be a certification candidate.
2. Possess knowledge of Truist Audit Services audit software and business specific software.
3. Experience in Financial Crimes within the banking/financial industry (BSA/AML/OFAC/Fraud) in Compliance or Audit Capacity (2nd or 3rd line of defense).
4. CAMS certification desirable or willing to obtain within the first year upon joining the team.