Provide administrative support to individuals or department. Perform general clerical and general office duties with minimal guidance. Follow established procedures, methods and practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Prepare (key) correspondence, reports and forms.
2. Compose correspondence as directed. Within guidelines, may answer correspondence on own initiative.
3. Execute routine projects within general guidelines and instruction.
4. May provide workflow and problem-solving guidance to other administrative assistant levels.
5. Establish and maintain files and records.
6. Screen calls/voicemails and handle or route to appropriate people.
7. Arrange and handle details related to travel arrangements, expense reports, departmental budgets, meetings and appointments.
8. Deal discreetly with confidential information.
9. Can make recommendations to management based on findings.
10. Interact with internal and/or external customers to answer questions, research, and resolve problems that require in-depth knowledge of the function and process transactions within scope of authority.
1. High school diploma, or equivalent education and related training
2. Seven years of progressively more complex clerical experience
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills (including strong knowledge of spelling and grammar), organizational skills, interpersonal skills, and math skills
4. Exhibited ability to work independently
5. Ability to deal with complex situations which require sound judgment
6. Ability to operate office equipment (e.g. copier, fax)
7. Ability to endure light physical labor
8. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products