Senior fraud manager responsible for the end to end development and execution of the new accounts strategy detection program. Create strategic roadmap, goals and objectives while providing active consultation to teammates on best methods of leveraging technology and analytics to reduce digital payment fraud related losses while minimizing customer disruption.
*Remote possible within the Truist footprint*
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Design a comprehensive end to end fraud strategy program that leverages technology and vendor solutions to mitigate fraud loss.
2. Communicate fraud metrics and overall business performance to key business partners
3. From new fraud patterns identified, demonstrate capability to take fast actions to stop new fraud trends as they emerge using rule platforms and alerting capabilities
4. Coach and develop a team of highly skilled teammates to achieve their fullest potential and prepare those teammates for the next level of responsibility.
5. Provide leadership in managing the daily activities to ensure adherence to established deadlines and service levels
6. Make recommendations for assigned personnel regarding employment, career development, performance evaluations, salary changes, promotions, transfers and terminations within established policies and guidelines.
7. Direct personnel in the adherence to standardized processes and procedures, which support both division and corporate goals and objectives
8. Ensure compliance with policies and requirements for internal and external auditors for all assigned responsibilities
9. Manage all process improvements and enhancements within area of responsibility, including evaluation of efficiency and effectiveness, cost-benefit analysis, process mapping, workflow analyses and process re-engineering.
10. Prepare and communicate department level reporting regarding volumes, effectiveness and project updates, especially in support of merger/conversion activities.
11. Plan and develop departmental budgets in accordance with established guidelines and administer compliance to meet budgetary goals.
12. Serve as subject matter expert and provide guidance and oversight to peers within Enterprise Fraud Management as well as other business units
13. Serve as back-up to Deputy Director.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent education and related experience
2. 10 years of banking or fraud systems experience
3. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills and ability to make sound and rational decisions with limited supervision
4. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, ability to communicate effectively with senior leaders
5. Ability and willingness to work flexible hours, and travel on an as-needed basis
6. Prior fraud experience in the financial service industry, preferably across multiple products and channels
7. Minimum 5 years in a management role
8. Proven leadership and team building skills
1. Master’s degree in related field
2. Graduate of BB&T Banking School or other widely recognized banking school
3. Extensive knowledge of bank operations and back-office procedures related to transactional operations
4. Demonstrated leadership skills
5. Demonstrated analytical, planning, problem solving and risk control skills