Truist Internal Auditor 2 is responsible for assisting in the completion and documentation of risk based internal audit assurance activities. The Truist Internal Auditor 2 will interpret the results of audit work performed, determine internal control weaknesses, and make value-added recommendations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Prepare for and lead effective client interviews and document interview results via narratives, flowcharts and process maps for complex business processes.
2. Analyze process documentation to evaluate design effectiveness and efficiency of controls.
3. Identify internal control weaknesses, including risks, and root cause.
4. Communicate audit issues identified to Management and the Engagement Manager.
5. Identify and analyze risks and evaluate how the line of business controls the risks.
6. Continue to develop internal audit skills.
7. Gain knowledge of the organization, operations, policies and procedures (including banking laws and regulations) under which Truist operates.
8. Create work papers in line with Truist Audit Services procedures and documentation requirements.
9. Receive constructive feedback and apply to future assignments.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business or related field or equivalent education and related training or experience.
2. Two to four years banking, auditing or other relevant experience related to area of responsibility.
3. Good analytical skills with high attention to details and accuracy.
4. Ability to grasp the underlying concepts in complex information.
5. Ability to identify root causes of problems.
6. Ability to formulate solutions based on a synthesis of information.
7. Basic knowledge of audit principles, practices, and methodologies including risk assessment, and audit documentation.
8. Good aptitude for learning analytical, audit and/or facilitation skills.
9. Proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products.
10. Ability to manage multiple priorities.
11. Ability to work independently with moderate oversight.
Additional job details contact Charles Rogers(Charles.Rogers@Truist.com)