Highly-experienced expert job that applies in-depth and specialized expertise and/or a significant breadth of expertise in data management discipline and related disciplines. Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes, or services. Applies a comprehensive understanding of how the company data operates to solve technical, operational, and business problems. Uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative data solutions. Leads teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and complexity, often with implications and/or resource requirements beyond own LOB or function. Mentors less experienced teammates beyond current team to build their own technical expertise. Impacts the achievement of client, operational, project, service, and risk management objectives. Will have people management responsibilities. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Sets the team’s direction and communicates individual and team priorities.
2. Manages deliverables for the team against expected results with a focus on operational and tactical activities.
3. Has a knowledge and expertise to be able to judge, review and sign off on the results of the data integrity and accuracy.
4. Has a strong control and risk management disciplines.
5. Makes judgments about priorities and the team’s approach to work based on an understanding of how the team contributes to the achievement of broader objectives. Adapts plans to meet service and/or operational challenges.
6. Identifies and resolves technical, operational, risk management, business, and organizational challenges.
7. May play a lead role or technical consultant role in large or complex projects or initiatives.
8. Has full management responsibilities for teammates: hiring, disciplinary, coaching, terminating, performance reviews.
9. Job with primary focus on management responsibilities that directly manages a team (5 or more teammates) of professionals.
10. This higher level of Manager (level 2) reflects a large scope relative to the typical Manager role and indicates a focus on a highly complex client group. May manage a team made up of subordinate managers.
1. Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information System, and 10+ years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. In-depth and broad knowledge within Finance and regulatory disciplines.
3. Ability to interpret internal and external business challenges and implement best practices to improve products, processes, or services.
4. Ability to lead projects of significant complexity and risk exposure.
5. Ability to exercise judgment in solving technical, operational, and organizational challenges.
6. Ability to manage a team, including identifying and recruiting talent, managing performance, and making decisions about resource allocation.
7. Ability to influence others to adopt a new perspective and handle interpersonal issues with tact and diplomacy.
8. Ability to handle multiple high profile projects in aggressive timeline with high quality.
1. Master’s degree or MBA and minimum of 10 years of related experience. In-depth experience in the banking industry.