Provide financial analysis and performance reporting necessary to support strategic execution of Truist Financial Corporation’s (and subsidiaries’) profit planning or forecasting process and related year-round activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Support the Corporation’s profit planning or forecasting process. Key responsibilities related to the profit plan or forecast include:
A. Review profit plan or forecast submissions from assigned LOBs and communicate with end-users;
B. Compile reports from an LOB and consolidated perspective for presentation to Executive Leadership;
C. Perform ad-hoc analyses utilizing Truist tools as requested by the Management Reporting Manager
D. Maintain and update proper controls and documentation covering key processes and reports.
2. Work with FP&A and LOBs to support development of accurate profit plans and forecasts, understanding the drivers of business results, and reviewing these results to identify areas of improvement. Demonstrate ability to build consensus through communication and presentation of factual and relevant information.
3. Perform variance analysis comparing the profit plan and forecast to actual results and prior forecast as a means to support performance assessment and strategic decision-making. Compiles, reviews and submits timely and accurate monthly reporting related to the Bank’s and LOB’s financial performance and/or regulatory/SEC requirements.
4. Support development of alternative forecasting methods via models and business tools as a way to provide effective challenge to LOBs for their baseline profit plans and forecasts.
5. Participate in training programs related to profit planning and forecasting processes and systems and in cross-training with teammates in areas such as FTE analysis, expense allocations, and profit plan changes.
6. Communicate effectively with Truist Financial Management, lines of business, and internal departments.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business or Finance, or equivalent education and related training
2. Five years of experience in financial analysis or corporate budgeting/profit planning/forecasting
3. Ability to achieve productivity in and perform financial modeling and analysis related to Truist income statement and balance sheet accounts, lines of business, and Executive Leadership roll-ups
4. Vision and drive to evaluate processes for efficiency and effectiveness and continuously improve
5. Ability to be flexible and adaptive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
6. Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills
7. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, including Microsoft Office software products
1. Master’s degree in finance or business administration
2. Professional designation such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
3. Knowledge of financial industry business practices
4. Financial system experience, such as SAP or Hyperion
5. Experience with financial tools, practices, and concepts used by Truist