Truist Audit Manager is responsible for providing a leadership role in the delivery of high-risk, complex and value-added independent and objective risk-based internal audit assurance and advisory services. The Audit Manager will proactively coach junior team members by providing candid and constructive feedback.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Serve as Engagement Manager of high risk and more complex audit engagements by planning, scoping and developing the test plan, including incorporating the use of data analytics. Effectively allocate resources and individuals in accordance with skills and schedules, to complete assignments within budget.
2. Set clear quality expectations based on Truist Audit Services standards and analyze/review process documentation to evaluate effectiveness and efficiency.
3. Develop meaningful, relevant, and well-supported audit reports that align with Truist’s risk appetite framework and present these reports to key department stakeholders.
4. Identify substantive and material issues that go beyond paperwork shortcomings. Ability to look beyond the obvious; finds solutions, not just problems.
5. Provide coaching and guidance in development of junior team members by taking an active role in training and mentoring.
6. Demonstrate effective challenge by providing deep subject matter knowledge industry related knowledge to support business partnership efforts.
7. Manage timely and quality delivery of multiple tasks, including audits, projects and special assignments. Provide advisory services, as necessary, in the implementation of new systems, processes and changes to existing systems, standards and procedures.
8. Ability to work independently while exercising judgement in risk-based assessments difficult or complex nature.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business or related field or equivalent education and related training or experience.
2. Six to eight years of banking, auditing or other relevant experience related to area of responsibility.
3. Strong knowledge, ability and expertise in audit and other areas of banking and financial services.
4. Strong understanding of risk management and process concepts.
5. Strong analytical, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
6. Demonstrated ability to grasp and communicate the underlying concepts in complex information.
7. Demonstrated ability to identify and communicate root causes of problems.
8. Demonstrated ability to formulate and communicate solutions based on a synthesis of information.
9. Strong written, verbal and negotiating skills.
10. Demonstrated strong proficiency in computer applications and proven experience with tools such as Microsoft Office software products.
11. Strong project management and advisory skills.
1. Advanced degree.
2. Possess appropriate professional certification.
3. Possess knowledge of Truist Audit Services audit software and business specific software.