More than a career – a chance to make a difference in people’s lives.
Build an exciting, rewarding career with us – help us make a difference for millions of people every day. Consider joining the Duke Energy team, where you’ll find a friendly work environment, opportunities for growth and development, recognition for your work, and competitive pay and benefits.
This is the fourth level of the financial analysis classification hierarchy. Employees at this level work in self directed manner receiving very minimal guidance. Incumbents are required to have in-depth knowledge and experience and work to solve complex problems. Incumbents also act as a resource for less experience employees. The Sr. Financial Analyst is responsible for cost management accounting, financial analysis, and reporting to support the Regulated Utilities business segment. Consults, and partners with, business executives and line management on financial priorities and challenges. Influences and drives financial acumen across the organization. Effectively communicates with senior leaders of the business who may not be financial experts. Develops and formulates recommendations based on analyses and operational knowledge. Identifies trends that result in resource allocation recommendations. Key work activities also include formulating and consolidating budgets, and developing consolidated financial information. Self directed in their work and provides strong context for decision making.
- Provide financial, accounting, and business management analytical support to various levels of management and customers.
- Effectively communicate financial information to all levels of leadership.
- Build financial acumen across customer group supported.
Financial Budgeting, Analysis and Projections
- Develop and consolidate even the most complex departmental budgets.
- Evaluate business unit O&M and capital variances for key drivers.
- Prepare financial presentations for management review, cost/status reporting, and decision making.
- Partner with business executives and finance team to develop year end/quarterly/monthly business unit financial projections.
- Support lower level analysts on teams with developing their skill sets.
- Participate as a lead or team member for various special projects or financial studies.
- Projects can be the most complex, and may involve research outside of the analyst’s area of support.
- Establish proper business and financial processes to ensure adherence to internal controls.
- Prepare and review accounting journal entries including accruals and corrections.
- Bachelor’s degree with major in Accounting/Finance or related discipline
- Six (6) plus years of increasingly diverse or complex experience in related field in addition to degree
- Possesses and applies fundamental accounting and finance concepts, practices, and procedures
- Experience with financial applications (i.e., PeopleSoft, HFM, PowerPlan, etc.) and query tool (WebI)
- Experience using Microsoft products such as Excel, Word and Power Point
- CPA or working toward CPA
- Advanced degree, preferably in Accounting
- Eight (8) years or more of professional work related experience
- Hybrid Mobility Classification – Work will be performed from both remote and onsite locations after the onboarding period. However, hybrid employees should live within a reasonable daily commute to a Duke Energy facility.
Travel RequirementsNot required
Relocation Assistance Provided (as applicable)
Visa Sponsored Position
Posting Expiration DateWednesday, January 26, 2022
All job postings expire at 12:01 AM on the posting expiration date