Purpose of the Position:
• Responsible for supporting the reporting and analytical processes required to facilitate the clear financial articulation of business operational results and projections to both senior management and senior financial leadership.
• Prepare the decks presented during the Board of Directors (BOD) meetings; support the Corporate Controller, CFO, and Director, FP&A, for all analyses and preparation for the BOD meetings.
• Serve as a leader in driving Process Excellence in Corporate FP&A. Take a leading role in driving process improvements in all FP&A rhythms, including the monthly close, monthly control forecast, Green Book, and Black Book processes.
• Ensures all information and analysis generated is timely and accurately represented.
• Provides ad-hoc financial analysis and project support for the business management.
• Optimally leverages the use of Corning’s financial applications (i.e. Khalix, PeopleSoft, BPC) to deliver financial reporting and analytical deliverables.
• Responsible for preparation of financial statements and analysis for senior management meetings – Board of Directors, CMG, and other Senior Management events/reviews.
• Provides ad hoc financial analysis related to capital projects, business scenarios and other initiatives as required.
• Working with Division Controllers and Directors – Business Support, develop division presentations for Quarterly Business Reviews and other management reviews.
• Provide support and guidance to the business Finance teams in their preparation for and submission of the Black Book, Green Book and unit forecasts to Corporate.
• Fully engage in all aspects of and execute on all FP&A deliverables for the new system implementations. Become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Khalix Corporate FP&A processes.
• Performs detailed analysis and evaluates opportunities to ensure accurate results.
• Financial Analytical Skills
• Can analyze and respond to inquiries regarding unexpected changes in financial results (operating expenses).
• Able to support and review period financial reports, ledgers, and plant financial audits.
• Financial Systems
• Has working knowledge of financial systems used (i.e., PS, Khalix, SAP).
• Has necessary level of proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and/or Project. Uses these tools to work more efficiently and reduce time.
• Ability to perform PeopleSoft queries in order to troubleshoot period closing inquiries
• Has a working knowledge of general accounting including business financial statements and technical knowledge of local accounting and regulatory policies.
• Financial Processes
• Able to coordinate closing processes or segments of the process and reporting of results to business and Corning Incorporated and to ensure accurate and timely results.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Finance or Accounting major preferred
• CPA, CMA, or MBA preferred
• 3 to 5 years experience working on cross functional teams to solve complex business problems.
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
Senior Finance Analyst, Corporate FP&A
Purpose of the Position: