Founded in 2007, Global Endowment Management (“GEM”) actively manages $12.4bn of client assets in the style of leading endowments and foundations. We pursue varied and non-traditional investment opportunities to provide a long-term oriented, diversified investment program. We are the investment office for our investors — we assume responsibility for asset allocation, manager selection, risk management and investment reporting. Please see http://www.globalendowment.com for additional information.
As an integral member of the Investor Services Team and the Firm, the Director’s primary responsibility is client portfolio management and engagement. The Director will be responsible for investment strategy development, engaging with the client on all aspects of the investment portfolio, developing trusting relationships with client staff and trustees, leading analytical projects for client institutions, and ensuring quality control for all client deliverables.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
– Investment policy development and ongoing oversight, ensuring compliance with risk/return objectives, liquidity tolerance, and evolving institutional needs.
– Engagement with all client constituencies, serving as primary resource.
– Developing strategies for deepening client partnership.
– Contributing to external communication of investment results and thinking across asset classes, including via quarterly letters, client meetings, presentations, and other content.
– Staying abreast of all pertinent issues related to a select group of clients, including overall objectives and industry trends and issues.
– Identify opportunities to leverage the firm’s capabilities to initiate and execute analytical projects that add value to client staff and trustees.
– Develop junior team members.
A successful candidate will demonstrate certain functional competencies, including:
– Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
– Demonstrated investment acumen, including comfort with the principles of total portfolio management, through CFA or equivalent work experience (7-10 years preferred).
– Project management.
– Self-motivation, in particular the capacity to take good ideas from generation to execution.
– Ability to collaborate with internal teams to synthesize complex information and inputs.
Successful candidates will display traits inherent in GEM’s collegial and team-oriented culture, including enthusiasm, honesty, humility, integrity, and curiosity.