Founded in 2007, Global Endowment Management (“GEM”) actively manages $12bn of client assets in the style of leading endowments and foundations. We pursue varied and non-traditional investment opportunities to provide a long-term oriented, diversified investment program. We are the investment office for our investors — we assume responsibility for asset allocation, manager selection, risk management and investment reporting. Please see http://www.globalendowment.com for additional information.
The Investment Operations Associate will work closely with the investments team on all operational aspects of the investment portfolio, including preparing private company valuations, portfolio transparency & analytics, investment manager monitoring, portfolio forecasting and assisting with other investment operations matters. This position will offer a high level of responsibility and engagement for a motivated professional.
• Prepare key ongoing deliverables: investment portfolio reporting, company valuations, investment summaries and other ad-hoc analyses
• Assist with Investment Manager Monitoring including both systematic and deep-dive analyses
• Support the investment portfolio data & analytics program, which includes portfolio company transparency, private portfolio forecasts, etc.
• Undergraduate degree with a track record of strong academic performance
• 2 – 4 years of experience in accounting, valuation or finance
• CPA or CFA preferred but not required
• Highly organized and detail-oriented
• Persistent and self-motivated with the ability to work under limited supervision
• Passion for building and maintaining relationships
• Interest in investing in private markets
Successful candidates will display traits inherent in GEM’s collegial and team-oriented culture, including enthusiasm, honesty, humility, integrity, and curiosity.