Note that the responsibilities below will be covered by multiple analysts vs one position. This position will be involved in some or all of the below areas:
• Responsible for tracking, reporting, analysis, and accuracy of forecasting of S&A and D&E expenses for total AO and PGS, being able to articulate findings to senior management and contributing potential insights
• Supports heavily the AO FP&A business controller in the closing, forecast, budgeting and five year planning processes for total AO
• Performs and monitors accounting activities (e.g., reconciliations, journal entries) in accordance with accounting principles and standards to ensure compliance with all relevant regulations, laws, and reporting requirements
• Leads tracking of financial and/or operational metrics and performances, summarizing findings
• Assists with internal financial reporting, performs comprehensive trend analysis, and leads data mining
• Monitors daily operations of AO division and actively assists to resolve issues, escalating as appropriate
• Provides 2nd level check to sub business groups within division on closing, forecast, budget and 5 YR plan
• Executes and supports internal and external controls
• Support Mfg Controller on mfg. Reporting, Plant finance support
• Support PGS Controller on closing activities
• Conducts and directs performance evaluation, scenario analysis, variance analysis, and complex ad hoc analysis
• Ensures processes, procedures, controls, and records of financial transactions follow standardized methodologies; streamlines processes when possible
• Ability and knowledge to performs ad hoc and economic research on financial concepts in order to support team financial activities (e.g., rates of return, depreciations, working capital requirements, investment opportunities, investment performance, governmental requirements)
• Supports cross-functional projects and helps coordinate key communication activities
• Asset management support for AO/PGS division: assisting with capitalizations, closing/opening capital projects, asset transfers and disposal requests, physical count process
• Assist with file set up and updating PS workflows
• Bachelor of Science or equivalent technical degree
• Accounting or Finance Major preferred.
• MBA, CPA/CMA also preferred.
Required Years and Area of Experience:
• 3-5 years’ work experience in accounting operations
• Financial Analytical Skills
o Can analyze and respond to inquiries regarding unexpected changes in financial results (operating expenses).
o Able to support and review period financial reports, ledgers, and financial audits.
o Financial Systems
o Expertise preferred in Khalix and PS 8.8, or has ability to quickly learn financial systems used by Corning Finance (i.e., PS 8.8, Khalix).
o Has necessary level of proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and/or Project. Uses these tools to work more efficiently and reduce time.
• Ability to perform PeopleSoft queries in order to troubleshoot period closing inquiries
• Has a working knowledge of general accounting including business financial statements (sales through NPAT plus statistical accounts and Cash Flow) and technical knowledge of local accounting and regulatory policies.
• Financial Processes
• Customer Focus
o Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
o Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
o Effectively work on cross functional teams to solve complex business problems.
• Organizational Agility
o Knows who to go to in order to secure the appropriate type and level of finance service needed to address the entity’s business needs.
• Problem Solving
o Performs detailed analysis and evaluates opportunities to ensure accurate results.
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
Finance Senior Analyst, AO