This role will support the AO manufacturing controller and AO division in all manufacturing finance responsibilities:
• Support heavily Manufacturing Controller on manufacturing finance and plant finance support
• Support plant control groups of all AO sites on ad hoc basis
• Support Mfg Controller on Gross Margin Analysis by product line and by business group
• Support Mfg Controller on Unit cost analysis
• Support Mfg Controller on NPV analysis of new business development
Inventory management support for AO and Mfg. Controller:
• Assisting with forecast, consolidations, variance analyses, inventory turns, history, trends and ad-hoc reports
Capital management support for AO and Mfg. Controller:
• Assisting with forecast, consolidations, variance analyses, Capricorn, history, trends and ad-hoc reports, Appropriation Request process and asset management process
• Performs and monitors accounting activities (e.g., reconciliations, journal entries) in accordance with accounting principles and standards to ensure compliance with all relevant regulations, laws, and reporting requirements
• Leads tracking of financial and/or operational metrics and performances such as NCP, summarizing findings
• Assists with internal financial reporting, performs comprehensive trend analysis, and leads data mining
• Monitors daily operations of AO division and actively assists to resolve issues, escalating as appropriate
• Provides 2nd level check to sub business groups within division on closing, forecast, budget and 5 YR plan on mfg related metrics such as revenue, gross margin, capital and inventory
• Executes and supports internal and external controls
• Conducts and directs performance evaluation, scenario analysis, variance analysis, and complex ad hoc analysis
• Ensures processes, procedures, controls, and records of financial transactions follow standardized methodologies; streamlines processes when possible
• Ability and knowledge to performs ad hoc and economic research on financial concepts in order to support team financial activities (e.g., rates of return, depreciations, working capital requirements, investment opportunities, investment performance, governmental requirements)
• Supports cross-functional projects and helps coordinate key communication activities
Asset management support for AO/PGS division:
• Assisting with capitalizations, closing/opening capital projects, asset transfers and disposal requests, physical count process
• Assist with file set up and updating PS workflows
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor of Science or equivalent technical degree
• Accounting or Finance Major preferred.
• MBA, CPA/CMA also preferred.
• >5 years of experience in Finance / accounting
• Financial Analytical Skills
• Ability to work with complex data to drive to concise storyline and to connect dots between operations and financial analysis
• Can analyze and respond to inquiries regarding unexpected changes in financial results (operating expenses).
• Able to support and review period financial reports, ledgers, and financial audits.
• Financial Systems
• Expertise preferred in Khalix and PS 8.8, or has ability to quickly learn financial systems used by Corning Finance (i.e., PS 8.8, Khalix).
• Has necessary level of proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and/or Project. Uses these tools to work more efficiently and reduce time.
• Ability to perform PeopleSoft queries in order to troubleshoot period closing inquiries
• Has a working knowledge of general accounting including business financial statements (sales through NPAT plus statistical accounts and Cash Flow) and technical knowledge of local accounting and regulatory policies.
• Financial Processes
• Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
• Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
• Effectively work on cross functional teams to solve complex business problems.
• Knows who to go to in order to secure the appropriate type and level of finance service needed to address the entity’s business needs.
• Performs detailed analysis and evaluates opportunities to ensure accurate results
• Communication and presentation skills
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
Finance Senior Analyst, AO Manufacturing