Scope of Position:
Provide financial leadership for the Phoenix, AZ facility by being a business partner to the Plant Manager and Product Line Manager as well as other members of the organization. This person will also be responsible for leading the finance department in meeting all financial and managerial accounting requirements including closing, financial forecasts, budget, five-year plans, capital, internal controls, and profitability analysis. The Phoenix plant is in the Corning Specialty Materials Division.
• Provide decision support to the Plant Manager and Product Line Manager in support of the division strategy (efficient turnaround time to inquiries from internal customers)
• Proactively utilize business partnership skills to move the plant to better cost understanding and higher profitability, with ability and willingness to spend time on production floor; learn and understand manufacturing processes and products.
• Prepare regular P&L analysis by product line including sales, gross margin, operating expense and unit cost analyses.
• Leads accounting and finance activities to ensure timely and accurate completion of month end close, management reporting, cost control, cost reduction, capital management, inventory, and overall asset/liability control.
• Prepare budget, forecasts, and cash flow plans.
• Leads manufacturing cost accounting processes.
• Provide support to corporate/division in the areas of accounting issue resolution, tax planning and statutory compliance, audit issue resolution, and closing compliance and support.
• Perform ad-hoc analysis and aid project initiatives in CSM.
• Lead financial awareness and understanding among plant employees by hosting various training opportunities.
• Responsible for coordinating, administering and controlling financial operations.
• Provides tax, insurance and other reports required by governmental regulations.
• Reviews, analyzes and interprets financial and budgetary reports.
• Directs all aspects of accounting operations and the preparation of annual financial forecasts.
• Oversees the development of financial accounting systems required to maintain reporting requirements.
• Assignments are received in task and objective oriented terms.
• Provides direction to subordinates based on general policies and management guidance.
• Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
• Interprets and executes policies and procedures that typically affect subordinate organizational units.
• Recommends modifications to operating policies.
• Offer responsibilities for development of employees.
• Functions as an advisor to a unit regarding tasks, projects, and operations.
• Provides financial leadership on cross functional team projects.
• Provides leadership on functional projects and ensures that projects are completed on schedule and within budget.
• Conducts briefings and participates in technical meetings for internal and external representatives concerning specific operations.
Hours of work/work schedule/flextime:
• M-F, 40-hour work week with additional hours as needed
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree (4 years) in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
• MBA and/or CPA preferred
• 3 – 5 years of relevant experience; preferable cost accounting experience
• Controller experience (within or outside Corning) desired
• Proven knowledge of US GAAP
• Strong financial and accounting background
• Deep understanding of financial controls
• Ability to be comfortable interacting and communicate with all aspects of the business, including plant staff and senior managers
• Strong Excel & PowerPoint Skills
• Ability to be creative in providing financial solutions to business leaders
• Able to develop accurate, comprehensive and complex financial models to support and verify strategic and/or operational decisions
• Team player
• Business partner
• Ability to act on initiative
• Customer focused
• Ability to embrace change and act under pressure in fast-paced environment
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
Finance Plant Controller, AO Phoenix
Scope of Position: