Ensures business unit compliance with local regulations, GAAP accounting principles and Corning policies and procedures. He/she provides for an appropriate level of Finance expertise and support for financial and operational decision making and the achievement of strategic and operational goals. He/she ensures the successful implementation of Business Finance programs, processes and procedures in support of function and business strategy, goals and objectives. He/she is an active member of a cross functional, decision making, strategy focused, business and functional leadership team. Is a strong business partner that influences management decisions within every area of the value chain.
• Implements and ensures business adherence to internal finance controls including data and reporting standards and compliance procedures (e.g., Sarbanes Oxley regulations, internal and external audits).
• Designs Finance programs, processes, and procedures (e.g. closing, forecasting, budgeting, reporting, inventory tracking) that enable improved cycle time and better decision making in support of the achievement of corporate, function and business goals and objectives.
• Supervises and prepares the businesses financial bookkeeping, records, and statements to ensure timeliness, accuracy, and consistency of reporting with GAAP, statutory, and tax accounting requirements.
• Provides finance expertise and decision support to business leaders in support of the division strategy, goals and objectives Identifies and assesses the financial implications (e.g., ROI, IRR) of projects and programs within the business.
• Identifies and assesses the financial implications (e.g., ROI, IRR) of projects and programs within the business.
• Recommends appropriate actions to maximize investment returns.
• Monitors and identifies budget and forecast variances for the division and provides business leadership with insights and perspectives on appropriate actions required to address variances.
• Supports functional planning decisions, business restructuring planning and execution.
• Serves as a bridge between the division and the Finance function to ensure division business requirements influence the Finance strategy and the Finance strategy is relevant to the division strategy.
• Implements performance management and rewards processes/practices within the division Business Finance group to drive required levels of employee accountability for desired performance results and ensure retention of top performers.
• Liaises with all Corning divisions to report and understand Gross Functional Cost
Education and Experience Required:
• Bachelor of Science or equivalent technical degree
• CPA or proven knowledge of US GAAP.
• Experience leading a department in meeting continuous improvement goals
• Experience in managing a cohesive staff and collaboration across functional areas.
• Plant Controller experience (within or outside of Corning)
• Legal Entity Finance Manager experience.
• Strong financial and accounting background
• Deep understanding of financial controls
• Ability to be creative in providing financial solutions to the business leaders
• Good listener with strong inter-personnel skills
• Ability to develop influential relationships with business leaders
• Ability to question decisions and provide alternative recommendations
• Culturally sensitive and savvy
• Ability to prioritize
• Quick learner
• Independent worker
• Ability to manage staff
• Able to work under tight deadlines.
• Understanding of transfer pricing models.
• Deep understanding of services, personnel and strategy.
• Financial presentation to staff groups as well as leadership.
• Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
Finance Controller, Global Staffs