Scope of the Position:
• Key contact person from Corning finance for Hemlock during the integration.
• Serving as a bridge between corporate and Hemlock finance to ensure clear communication of financial requirements and deliverables, including plans / forecasts / results / tax / treasury / accounting / control / reporting …
• Coordinate with Hemlock integration team to train Hemlock financial team Corning finance policies, processes and systems
• Initiate and participate in cross-functional (i.e. Tax, Treasury, ACR, CSS …) communication and projects
• Drive ad hoc financial analysis, utilizing SAP, Peoplesoft, Khalix
• Review reports prepared by Hemlock financial team to ensure financial information has been represented accurately based on Corning’s policy and practice
• Leads components of the assessment and execution of financial planning and analysis activities to identify risks and opportunities to Corning’s financial objectives (consolidated reporting of P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow for monthly closings, COR, BOD, and other Senior Management events/reviews.)
• Interface with Hemlock to highlight key issues driving financial performance
• Provide analyses, evaluation, and recommendations to support all corporate financial measures.
• Contributes to and coordinates development and evaluations of current and alternate financial plans to ensure alignment to Corning’s objectives
• Lead process and train Hemlock team to generate reporting of P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow for monthly closing, control forecasting, annual budgeting, LRP, COR, BOD, and other Senior Management events/reviews
After Hemlock fully integrated to Corning, this position will be transferred to a finance manager role in Corporate FP&A team.
Travel Requirements: (National/International; 0-100%) < 10%
• Bachelor of Science or equivalent technical degree.
• CPA or proven knowledge of US GAAP.
Financial Analytical Skills
• Can analyze and respond to inquiries regarding unexpected changes in financial results.
• Presents information/analysis with a balanced point of view, carefully explaining risks and critical assumptions.
• Interprets analyses by recognizing key trends across data sets and applies interpretations to develop insights into financial operations.
• Has working knowledge of financial systems used (PeopleSoft/SAP & Khalix)
• Has necessary level of proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and/or Project. Can identify implications of system changes on business processes and vice-versa.
• Performance Excellence
• Routinely identifies ways to minimize variation in finance systems and execute finance processes that work more effectively, more efficiently, faster, or at a lower cost.
• Promotes organizational effectiveness through innovations and improvements in business processes using defined processes and tools.
• Able to organize presentations in a way that ensures the audience understands financial terminology, concepts and the key message.
• Plant Controller experience (within or outside of Corning).
Soft Skills (Communication/Team/Leadership):
• Regularly reviews performance and holds timely discussions.
• Sells ideas/packages solutions effectively.
• Builds support for ideas.
• Gains cooperation from others to obtain information and accomplish goals.
• Doesn’t allow problems to fester.
• Facilitates “win-win” situations.
• Uses multiple actions to influence.
• Actions are adapted to specific audiences.
• Influences through others.
• Learning on the Fly
• Learns quickly when facing new problems.
• Open to change.
• Enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks.
• Experiments and will try anything to find solutions.
• A relentless and versatile learner.
• Analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement.
• Quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
• Motivating others
• Creates a climate in which people want to do their best.
• Can motivate many kinds of team members
• Can assess each person’s hot button and use it to get the best out of him/her.
• Pushes tasks down.
• Empowers others.
• Invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility.
• Makes each individual feel his/her work is important.
• Is someone people like working for and with.
• Peer Relationships/ Collaboration
• Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments.
• Holds frequent development discussions.
• Integrity & Trust
• Is widely trusted.
• Can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner.
• Keeps confidences.
• Doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
• Models Corning Values and Code of Conduct.
• Confronts unethical actions.
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.