• Ensures entity compliance with local regulations, GAAP accounting principles and corporate policies and procedures. Responsible for managing the period closing process preparation, with accuracy of the general ledger a primary focus. Ensures that required reporting is completed accurately and on a timely basis. Provides ad-hoc financial analysis for Plant Controller and staff.
• Assists Controller with budget preparation (financial, Khalix load and presentation) and five-year planning process to support Division(s).
• Assists Controller with monthly forecasting, modeling and understanding.
• Monitors spending and works with department managers to control costs. Researches and provide detail on expense variances.
• Drives finance continuous process improvement.
• Provides financial analysis related to capital projects, cost reduction, and other initiatives as required.
• Prepare financial presentations for monthly salaried communications meeting.
• Validate financial results within Plant and communicate these to division and corporate.
• Prepare monthly management report.
• Assist in statutory reporting & Sarbanes Oxley compliance: Prepare quarterly SEC & Tax reporting package and prepare account reconciliations.
• Bachelor’s degree (4 years) in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
Required Years and Area of Expertise:
• 5-10 years of relevant experience
• Manufacturing / Cost Accounting experience
• Assistant Plant Controller experience (within or outside Corning)
• Proven knowledge or US GAAP
• Strong computer skills: proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, ERP (Epicor), general ledger systems (PeopleSoft / SAP) and forecasting tools (Khalix)
• Ability to analyzed and interpret data and link to business implications
• Good analytical skills, presentation skills and problem-solving capability
• Willing to relocate (mobility)
• Deep understanding of financial controls.
• Ability to be comfortable interacting and communicating with all aspects of the business, including plant staff and senior managers.
• Team player
• Business partner: strong interpersonal skills to build relationship with the finance team and business partners at all levels of the organization.
• Comfortable challenging supplied inputs and questioning existing processes.
• Ability to act on initiative.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines, works proactively and independently in a fast-changing environment
• Customer focused
• Ability to embrace change and act under pressure in fast-paced environment
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
Finance Assistant Plant Controller, AO Keene