Scope of Position:
Ensures entity compliance with local regulations, GAAP accounting principles and Corning policies and procedures. Assists with the plant closing process and helps to ensure reporting is timely and accurate. Responsible for preparation of reconciliations and the analysis of expenses to ensure financial accuracy. Resource for plant personnel on operating expenses, supply chain transactions and the capitalization of assets. Assists with key financial and internal control processes such as SOX documentation updates and inventory and asset physicals.
• Assists with the period closing process; including preparation and posting of journal entries, variance analysis, and accuracy of the general ledger
• Supports compliance with internal and external controls, Sarbanes Oxley requirements, GAAP accounting principles, and Corning policies and procedures
• Facilitates Appropriation Requests process, monitors capital spends, processes asset capitalizations, and maintains accuracy of fixed asset ledger. Provides financial analysis related to capital projects, strategic investments, cost reduction, and other initiatives as required.
• Maintains and updates plant standard costs, working with Engineering and Operations to ensure accurate usage rates and labor hours
• Prepares monthly account reconciliations and quarterly SEC & tax reporting packages
• Ensures inventory complies with Corning’s policies for valuation, slow and obsolescence (SLOB) reserves, write-offs, etc.
• Monitors spending and works with department managers to control costs. Researches and provides detail on expense variances
• Supports financial analysis related to capital projects, cost reductions, and other initiatives as required
Hours of work/work schedule/flextime:
• M-F, 40-hour work week with additional hours as needed
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
• 1-3 years of relevant experience
• Proven knowledge of US GAAP
• Experience working on cross functional teams to solve complex business problems.
• Manufacturing/Cost Accounting experience
• Working experience with PeopleSoft and/or Longview
• Strong financial and accounting understanding
• Deep understanding of financial controls
• Strong computer skills; proficiency in Excel / PowerPoint, Access, and general ledger systems
• Ability to be comfortable interacting and communicating with all aspects of the business, including plant leadership
• Ability to be creative in providing financial solutions to business leaders
• Business partner
• Ability to act on initiative
• Customer focused
• Willingness to embrace change and act under pressure in fast-paced environment
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
Finance Analyst, OFC Wilmington
Scope of Position: