More than a career – a chance to make a difference in people’s lives.
Build an exciting, rewarding career with us – help us make a difference for millions of people every day. Consider joining the Duke Energy team, where you’ll find a friendly work environment, opportunities for growth and development, recognition for your work, and competitive pay and benefits.
Duke Energy, is one of the largest electric power holding companies in the United States, is committed to making life better for millions of people every day – brighter, more convenient, more comfortable, more efficient, more productive and more sustainable. At Duke Energy, you’ll find exciting roles, competitive compensation and benefits, recognition, growth opportunities and great work-life balance.
Duke Energy’s Corporate Audit Services Department delivers world-class internal audit services that enable Duke Energy to achieve superior performance. You will work in high-performing teams that add value, drive effective risk management, enhance operational efficiency, and facilitate constructive change while also focusing on employee and professional development.
The Audit Consultant – Corporate Audit Services position will serve as a member of the Corporate Audit Services Department of Duke Energy. This position will be based in Charlotte, NC. Travel will be required at approximately 10% and generally will not exceed 25%. This position will report administratively to an Audit Manager, but will work in a matrix environment for increased career growth and diversity.
- Work within a collaborative, team environment and contribute to the successful execution of operational and financial audits and consulting engagements, including delivering high quality audit documentation and audit deliverables
- Plan and execute risk-based audit assignments with minimal supervision, including oversight of the day-to-day activities of assigned audit staff personnel, where applicable
- Gather and analyze data, using reasoning and logic, and draw appropriate conclusions
- Evaluate the design and effectiveness of processes with an appropriate level of professional skepticism
- Monitor and track the status of post-audit action plans and perform follow-up procedures to validate implementation and risk mitigation
- Build and maintain effective relationships with audit customers including various levels of management
- Participate in annual risk assessment processes, including the identification of key risks across the enterprise and development of the annual audit plan
- Exhibit a sense of urgency in completing assigned tasks for audits, initiatives and other department projects in accordance with prescribed milestones
- Develop and maintain current knowledge of matters impacting the energy industry and the company
- Bachelor’s in business, accounting, or other business related field
- Two (2) or more years of work experience related to the above degrees
- Master’s degree
- Internal and/or external auditing experience, preferably from a large public accounting firm
- Public accounting experience (Big Four / large regional) – Holds or is working towards CPA or other certification (e.g., CIA, CFE, Six Sigma)
- Holds an advanced degree, such as an MBA or Master of Accounting
- Utilities/energy industry experience
- Written and oral communication skills with ability to tailor messages for a variety of levels of management
- Resourcefulness when managing through ambiguity, including complex audit projects
- Ability to work Independent and balance multiple projects
- Ability to identify and assess risks and impacts and develop and manage the scope of audits accordingly
- Acknowledgement of customer needs and expectations and ability to adjust tasks accordingly to add value to the business – Project management and supervisory experience
- Data analytics experience
- Hybrid – Work will be performed from both remote and onsite locations after the onboarding period. However, hybrid employees should live within a reasonable commute to a Duke Energy facility.
Relocation Assistance Provided (as applicable)
Visa Sponsored Position
Posting Expiration DateFriday, June 3, 2022
All job postings expire at 12:01 AM on the posting expiration date.