Scope of Position:
• Engaging with Finance Leadership (up through the CFO Staff) in a multi-national/multi-cultural environment to gain stakeholder alignment and present Project Status, Findings, and Results.
• End-to-End Project Management for Finance Transformation initiatives.
• Role includes Chartering, Resource Planning, Budgeting, Sponsor and Executive Committee Review, Planning, Execution, Stakeholder engagement, and Project Closure.
• Diverse array of projects from tactical to strategic including:
• Finance Transformations: SAP S/4 HANA Deployments, SAP Central Finance, Blackline, Khalix, Tax Engines, Power BI Analytics, Robotics, new functional process and technology introductions
• Finance Optimizations: Process improvements, PeopleSoft/SAP deployments, Shared Service integration’s, ERP upgrades, Cost reductions, business process design and new functional process/technology introductions
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Engage with Finance Stakeholders at all levels of the organization to seek inputs on requirements and to socialize status/influence results throughout Project Lifecycle
• Run effective and efficient project management processes to drive good work prioritization and resource allocation decisions
• Create project charters, project plans, resource plans, cost estimates
• Manage project resources to achieve project deliverables
• Review project spend budget and forecast variances to identify areas for action.
• Provide regular project updates to Sponsor, Steerage, and PMO’s
• Document and manage risks throughout the project lifecycle
• Escalate issues as appropriate to ensure timely and effective resolution
• Document and track activities, scope changes and lessons learned
• Ensure projects are delivered within timeline, budget and deliverables are met.
• May be asked to lead multi-million-dollar projects or multiple smaller scope projects depending on project portfolio and business needs
• 25-50% domestic/international travel possible depending on project(s) assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree required. MBA or equivalent preferred with Finance concentration
• Previous experience in Finance Operations and/or Finance Transformation work including work in Shared Services Centers.
• Staffed and responsible for a work stream of tasks/deliverables on a complex Finance-systems implementation
• Project Management work experiences (PMBOK, SDLC, Waterfall, Agile)
• Work with multiple groups and cross function team experiences.
• Polish – Ability to interface at all levels within the organization and install confidence and trust
• Functional business experience (in Finance)
• Highly proficient with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and/or Project. Uses these tools to work more efficiently and reduce time.
• Problem Solving, Analytical skills, Exceptional Follow Through
• Demonstrates initiative and effectively manages self and team through a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrates Project Management skills and experiences
• Process Improvement Experience
• Ability to prioritize work to meet deliverables / timelines in an effective manner
• Strong Organization Skills, Process Rigor, Attention to Detail, Responsive
• Understanding of Shared Services Operations
• Understanding of Corning Functional processes (Finance)
• Functional understanding of PeopleSoft and/or SAP systems
• Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
• Green Belt certification
• Excellent written and oral presentation skills needed to brief high-level management
• Leadership skills to engage business leadership and leverage talent in a matrix organization
• Additional Leadership Skills: Influencing, Motivating, Change Champion, Adaptable
• Sense of urgency and creativity to handle project issues and adapt plan to meet objectives
• Flexibility to adapt to changing environment; be a change agent to help others through change
• Cross-cultural Sensitivity
• Customer Focus with emphasis on exceptional project delivery
• Highly Collaborative
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
CSS Manager II, Project Delivery, NA
Scope of Position: