Balance Sheet and Management (BSM) is a division within the CFO group responsible for providing executive management with accurate and timely forecasts of the balance sheet and net interest income (NII). Another critical BSM function is the measurement and analysis of Interest Rate Risk (IRR) using various methods. This information provides the framework that allows the company to position its balance sheet consistent with its risk appetite and expectations for changes in interest rates.
BSM maintains close partnerships with various groups across the enterprise, providing key input to critical processes and strategic decisions. These partnerships focus on the following: (1) balance sheet composition and interest rate risk strategy, (2) strategic planning for the company’s three-year outlook with Corporate Planning and Finance, (3) setting the right strategy to accurately measure the profitability of assets and liabilities to ensure efficient usage of the balance sheet, (4) stress testing the balance sheet under adverse economic scenarios with the Global Stress Testing team and, (5) producing the balance sheet and NII forecast in coordination with the Line of Business and Global Liquidity Management for the Global Resolution and Recovery Planning exercise.
The Commercial Loans Forecast team within Balance Sheet Management focuses on analyzing data, reviewing LOB balance and net interest income (NII) forecasts and producing an empirically based independent forecast for the balance sheet and net interest income for the $0.5T Commercial loan portfolio. Key responsibilities include sourcing and analyzing loan data from upstream systems, working with the business partners to produce the baseline and stress scenario forecasts, partnering with LOB/Finance regarding the loan portfolio strategy and performance as well as various ad-hoc analysis.
Required Skills and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree (quantitative finance, financial analysis, computer science, economics, or business administration) – or related work experience
· Excellent analytical and complex problem resolution skills
· Understanding of financial market dynamics, interest rates, accounting, and financial products
· Proficient in MS Office tools, especially Microsoft Excel (v look ups, pivot tables)
· Inquisitive, willing to challenge the status quo and strive to improve processes
· Ability to meet strict timelines and ability to work with a high level of autonomy and make well-reasoned decisions
· Team oriented
· Strong communication/interpersonal skills
Desired Skills and Experience:
· Treasury experience