Welcome to Vaco – an uncommon company with an empowered culture. At Vaco, we welcome talented malcontents seeking a collaborative environment where creative freedom rings.
If you are feeling trapped in your current J-O-B, we invite you to explore the career of a lifetime with us. Since 2002, we have grown to over $8000 MM in annual revenue and more than 40 locations. And with no plans of slowing down anytime soon, we are seeking big thinkers to lead us into the future.
If you are looking for a conservative, bureaucratic corporation, Vaco may not be the place for you. If, however, you are a lifetime learner who thrives in a high growth, entrepreneurial environment, read on!
• Ranked the #1 Best Staffing Firm to Work for in North America by Staffing Industry Analysts (Category: 500+ Employees)
• An Inc. Magazine’s fastest growing company in America every year since 2007.
A Day in the Life:
Our CFO client just called. Her manager just resigned to go open a beach bar. Or maybe her accounting department could use help prepping for an upcoming audit. At Vaco, you will:
Duties and Responsibilities
• Proactively identify, assess, and recruit qualified talent to fulfill strategic projects and interim engagements in the areas of finance and accounting; including but not limited to Senior Accountants, Financial Analysts, Accounting Managers, Controllers, Directors, VPs of Accounting, and CFOs.
• Generate leads via professional relationships, candidate interviews, and other interactions that support business development/sales efforts.
• Achieve performance objectives relating to activity and individual Gross Margin according to job level and line of business.
• Collaborate with teammates to fulfill open positions across other lines of business and/or national practices as appropriate.
• The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
‘Best Place to Work’ Perks
• True base salary and uncapped commission plan that surpasses industry standards.
• Annual, FIVE STAR vacations (we call it “Vatopia”) for meeting top-tier performance goals.
• Annual world-class training where all Vacotians, as we like to call them, get together to meet, learn, and exchange ideas.
• Generous PTO that increases with tenure.
• Technology packages that include smartphone coverage, up-to-date equipment, and top-tier online resources.
• Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k, pet insurance, life insurance, disability and more!
Duties and responsibilities are to be performed while observing the following Core Tenets:
• A Team First Approach, aligning with the core tenets: Proud to Wear Jersey, Stay Team Focused, and Assume Positive Intent
• Self-Awareness, aligning with the core tenets Outlaws Welcome, Stay Coachable and Be Comfortable with Healthy Conflict
• Solutions Oriented, aligning with the core tenets Be Entrepreneurial, Be Electable, Fix the Problem Not the Blame
• Grit, aligning with the core tenets Work Hard, Stay Free and Play ‘til the Whistle.
Desired Competencies and Skills:
• Communication: Speaks in a clear, concise, and confident manner; listens attentively.
• Emotional Intelligence: Maintains a high level of self-awareness and the ability to appropriately identify, manage, and respond to the emotions of self and others; able to read others.
• Written Communication: Develops written communication that is clear, concise, grammatical, and engaging.
• Adaptability: Responds to changes, delays, or unexpected events in a positive manner; adapts working style given situation.
• Leadership: Self-directed with an innate drive to succeed; accepts feedback with a desire for continuous improvement.
• Relationship Building: Builds, develops, and maintains strong relationships with others while building trust and connection.
• Social Intelligence: Able to understand and manage interpersonal relationships.
• Researching: Able to effectively search for, organize, and evaluate information.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Minimum of 1 years’ experience in audit, tax, and/or public accounting highly preferred.
• CPA, CFA, MBA or other professional designation a plus but not required.
• Must have working knowledge of MS Office Suite
• Able to work with a sense of urgency and meet tight deadlines; Organized, detailed, and results-driven